7/14/2011

Thirsty Thursday Must-Haves

Hello hello!

I'm very excited to be posting about one of my favorite topics today!!


Okay, I promise I'm not an alchy, but I'd by lying if I said I don't love unwinding to a tasty beverage or having a fun night/weekend sippin' on cold ones with my friends!

Unfortunately, some alcoholic drinks have a lot of hidden calories that many people overlook.  And if you were blessed with the same genes as I was--ya gotta watch whatcha drink!  Seriously, if you don't keep track, you could end up drinking the calories equivalent to a FULL MEAL!  Talk about kissing that bikini bod goodbye. ouch.

So, without further adieu...here are my top 5 favorite low-cal tasties that I swear by!

***

1.  Margaritas

~ but not just ANY margarita will do.  I have something inside of me that craves a good ol 'rita...often {thanks to mommy}.  BUT according to this site, most 4 oz. margs have well over 500 calories!

PUMP THA BREAKS...
Scuuuse me, what!?

I can "remember" downing a whole fishbowl of those babies!  That's like 96278946793 calories!!

Well ladies, have no fear.  There is a woman who shares the love of these calorie infested cocktails...Bethenny Frankel.  BUT, luckily for us, she created her own genius version.
100 calories per 4 oz.  Yep, you read correctly.  This product has been out a little while now, but if you're late to jump on the bandwagon...DO SO NOW!  You won't regret it!

2.  Crystal Crack

{I did NOT make the name up, credit belongs elsewhere}

~Regardless of what they're called, they are yummy and only require 3 simple ingredients:


Substitute your vodka of choice, as well as your Crystal Light preference & voila...You have made a yummy, smart choice!  My personal favorite is Wild Strawberry with strawberry vodka.  Mmm :)

And I always use the "on the go" packs...easy for just one drink at a time!  Or you could always take them out with you: "I'll have a vodka water." --sneak to bathroom and poor this bad boy in there.

Don't judge me.

3.  Bloody Marys

~ I realize not everyone jumps at the thought of tomato juice and pepper, but you can't knock it til you try it!  I only started drinking these a year ago, and now I am hooked.

But, once again, not just any bloody mary mix will do.  There are tons out there, but only ONE tastes this delish... in my opinion ;)

Meet Zing Zang.
At only 20 calories per 3 oz. you can even splurge!!  I know you like the sound of that.  I substitute my celery garnish {ewww} with a kosher pickle spear...I am slightly obsessed with pickles...which are low in calories as well.

The only issue with this drinky is the sodium...there's lots of it.  Just try to watch your sodium intake the rest of the day!

4.  Le skinny beer

~ I love to try an assortment of beer, which sometimes means lots and lots of cals.  So, when the plan is buzz rather than REALLY trying to enjoy the taste {bahaha...swear no alchy here} I stick to this gal.

You can even get cute slim koozies for them!!

Exhibit A:
Look at Lisa go!

Anyway, although ultra doesn't compare to the sweet yumminess of my favorite, le Blue Moon, she only has 95 calories rather than 180!

And she still doesn't taste as yucky as Bud Select 55, which I tried over the 4th of July--TERRIBLE idea.

Now, I saved the best {and newest addition} for last...

5.  Yellowtail Bubbles

I am a gal who looooves her bubbly.  And even though I'm not sure which brands are better {calorie-wise} than others, I found this just 2 nights ago and it's a keeper.
Alright, let me just throw this out there:  I am a college student with not a whole lotta moolah = cheap bottles of champagne are usually to be had by moi...and I'm sorry, but they don't taste the best {unless paired with a splash of OJ}.  Well, the other night I was in search of some bubs and found this at 127 calories per 6 oz.!  It even has a resealable top!  Wayyy cool!

***

There you have it!

Sorry it's nothing too too fancy, but this is what you will usually find me galavanting around with :)
If I have persuaded you to try one of these bevies, I hope you enjoy!!

Here's to a great weekend, loves!!
xxoo
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I already LOVE Skinnygirl Margs and Zing Zang Bloody Mary's, but I need to meet the genius who thought of Vodka Water with Crystal light. That is just pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and I love your header! I'm a new blogger and new follower. Crystal Light makes these mocktail type things - they even have margarita flavor. Just add alcohol : )

    Thursdays are my fave - besides weekends of course. :)

    http://southernsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah - I'm glad you like it :) And I'm so glad you told me about mocktails..definitely trying those out asap! I just read your blog & I'm new, too! It takes a little while, but you'll get the hang of it. I googled just about everything about designing your own blog and it really helps! I can't promise I'll have all the answers, but if you need any thing feel free to email me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best post evahhh! Another great low-cal drink: vodka tonic. I always order this at bars! But if I'm making my own.. I always go for skinny girl margs or crystal lite.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! :) I want to respond to everyone so please make sure your email address is set to where I can write you back! Thank you SO much for reading! It means the world to me!