Did everyone enjoy their holiday weekend?! Fun and prison free, I hope! ;)
Mine was pretty close to perfect.
Merlin's first boat trip
Sunday (like I said in my last post) was the boat trip. We left around 9:30am and rode to Charleston for lunch with a few of Henry's family friends. We made some stops on the way back, so we ended up pulling the boat out around 6...loooong day.
His adorable parents
Just getting to Charleston
The sun ALWAYS drains me, but somehow Henry and I managed to go out that night...and when I say we went out, that's an understatement. I got the HICCUPS for cryin' out loud! Who gets those from drinking other than old drunks?! Apparently this girl does.
On Monday we decided to grill out with Henry's parents. We had mahi mahi that Henry's daddy caught and shrimp & pineapple shish-kabobs.
Prior to grilling...minus the dolphin
I had my own project while the men grilled. Henry's dad has this AHHHMAZING Blueberry Cake recipe that I love, sooo I took a stab at it.
Ta da!! And I did a faaabulous job, if I do say so myself :)
After lunch, Henry and I met up with some people at the beach before heading to Mount Pleasant for dinner and fireworks. We ate at Water's Edge on Shem Creek. They usually don't have fireworks, but a few people started setting them off, so we got our own little show! Then we walked over to Vickery's...rather than getting into the huge crowd at Patriot's point, we watched the big firework show from there. It was gorgeous!!
From the dinner table!
***
Even though it was a long weekend, it went by way too fast. BUT I'm not complaining because it's already Wednesday! And this coming Saturday is the first I've had off in a while, soooo I get to go back to the beach this weekend without having to drive home for one day! Yippyyy! Now, I'm off to force myself to do some workout videos, laundry & mah nails...Tootles!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day! :) I want to respond to everyone so please make sure your email address is set to where I can write you back! Thank you SO much for reading! It means the world to me!