FACT: I'm a HUGE quote collector.
I remember walking into my mom's office when I was just a little girl and seeing quotes posted everywhere...some she just jotted down real quick and some she took the time to type up, print out & post where she can see it every day. My dad is the same way. They both feel strongly about motivational speaking..going to see speakers, listen to them, read their stories, etc. to help guide you to a successful and fulfilled life.
SO, over the years I have made word documents and collected a quote book of any and everything I've read or seen that could help relate to a situation I'm in or could go through. Breakups, friendships, life...you name it, I probably have something for you.
Today I was going through some of my quotes to post on my roomie and I's fridge when I came across a cute one I got from a sorority sister a few years ago...
***
Every woman should have:
-enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to
-something perfect to wear if the employer, or date, of her dreams wants to see her in an hour
-a youth she's content to leave behind
-a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age
-a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra
-one friend who always makes her laugh, and one who lets her cry
-a good piece of furniture not previously owned (at least not by anyone else in her family)
-eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored
-a feeling of control over her destiny
-how to fall in love without losing herself
Every woman should know:
-how to quit a job, break up with a lover and comfort a friend without ruining the friendship
-when to try harder and when to walk away
-that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents
-that her childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over
-what she would and wouldn't do for love or more
-how to live alone, even if she doesn't like it
-whom she can trust, whom she can't and why she shouldn't take it personally
-where to go, be it to her best friend's kitchen table or a getaway place, when her soul needs soothing
-what she can and can't accomplish in a day, a month and a year
***
I thought it had some pretty valid points so of course I jotted it down! Just thought I'd share :)
I hope you all have a good hump day!
xxoo
SO, over the years I have made word documents and collected a quote book of any and everything I've read or seen that could help relate to a situation I'm in or could go through. Breakups, friendships, life...you name it, I probably have something for you.
Today I was going through some of my quotes to post on my roomie and I's fridge when I came across a cute one I got from a sorority sister a few years ago...
***
Every woman should have:
-enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to
-something perfect to wear if the employer, or date, of her dreams wants to see her in an hour
-a youth she's content to leave behind
-a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age
-a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra
-one friend who always makes her laugh, and one who lets her cry
-a good piece of furniture not previously owned (at least not by anyone else in her family)
-eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored
-a feeling of control over her destiny
-how to fall in love without losing herself
Every woman should know:
-how to quit a job, break up with a lover and comfort a friend without ruining the friendship
-when to try harder and when to walk away
-that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents
-that her childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over
-what she would and wouldn't do for love or more
-how to live alone, even if she doesn't like it
-whom she can trust, whom she can't and why she shouldn't take it personally
-where to go, be it to her best friend's kitchen table or a getaway place, when her soul needs soothing
-what she can and can't accomplish in a day, a month and a year
***
I thought it had some pretty valid points so of course I jotted it down! Just thought I'd share :)
I hope you all have a good hump day!
xxoo

I'm a new follower and new blogger! I LOVE this - it's perfect!
ReplyDeletehttp://southernbabblingbrooke.blogspot.com
Happy Friday! I am a quote girl, too! Love this! I love reading things that lift me up :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog! Check it out!
ReplyDeleteThis literally bought tears to my eyes!!! makes me want to print this out and put on my work wall..these are all amazing and something you should think about everyday! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete